Ultimate Fudge Brownies
(Makes 8 vegan brownies)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup ww pastry flour (or white, or you can try spelt or gluten-free)
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup sweetener (see link, below, for lower-sugar version)
- 1.5 oz soft tofu or mori-nu firm or lite firm (about 1/8 box)
- 1/3 cup applesauce (use only 1/4 cup if using 3T oil)
- 1 to 3 T oil (I use coconut oil. Canola is ok too.)
- 2 T non-dairy milk
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- optional: you can throw in some chocolate chips
- Fat: 2g
- Protein: 1g
- For a lower-sugar version, you can add 1 tsp Nunaturals stevia and then cut sweetener to 1/3 cup (or even to 1/4 cup, if you only want a subtly-sweet brownie) . Or you can experiment with a higher ratio of stevia-to-sugar if you like stevia-sweetened baked goods.
- If you wish to use liquid sweetener (such as agave or maple syrup), scale the applesauce back to 1/4 cup (and be aware that your brownies will be a little bit denser).
- Angry Munchkins: I like very dark, bitter chocolate. So when I make these for myself, I add only 3 T sugar and no stevia. My friends make fun of my version and say it tastes extremely dark and bitter… like the brownies are angry!
**Remember: these brownies will taste so much sweeter if you let them sit for at least an hour before trying them. I’m really not sure why this is the case!**
In the same vein (but healthier!) as diet plans that mix up your caloric goals, here’s a 7-day plan that gets harder as it goes along. Start on Day One, follow the plan for a week, then repeat. Yes, it’ll seem ridiculously easy going from Day Seven back to Day One, but this will keep your body challenged and will give you a bit of a break every time you restart. Feel free to make this an eight-day plan and add in a rest day on Day Eight.
Thinking I might just give this a shot :)
love it! Gonna add it to my workouts
P90x cardio workout + randomabs
21 Day Cleanse - Meal 1, Day 1.
Green monster smoothie! This is made from 2/3 cup almond milk, 1/3 cup water, 1 large banana, 1 date, 1 tbsp ground flaxseed and a huge handful of spinach. Topped with brown rice puffs, pomegranate and crunchy pumpkin seeds.
I’m really not a coffee drinker (bleh), but do need a pick-me-up in the morning as I’m a terrible sleeper. A green monster never fails to do the job - I’m now bursting with energy! Hopefully the elimination of all bad foods will help my irregular sleeping patterns, too. :)
Went camping with my friends and had a greattt time even with the rain. I woke up before everyone was awake and got my running shoes on and went for a run. Ran around the park, across the bridge, and then did some ab workouts, squats, and push ups on the beach. It actually felt awesome. No one was around, was out in nature (which is half the reason I like running, to go outside) and was beautiful out. I even maintained my eating habits. Ate every three hours, 300-400 calorie meals, and brought all my own food so it was healthy. Ate some cheetos here and there but hey.
Heres the bridge I ran over. So nice.
Me and my friend. Actually like this picture of me